Date: Jan 23, 2013 8:08 AM
Author: Aatu Koskensilta
Subject: Re: ZFC and God

WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:

> On 23 Jan., 13:57, Aatu Koskensilta <aatu.koskensi...@uta.fi> wrote:
>

>> What does it mean to say the union of all FISs is finite, then?
>
> It is not larger than any FIS.

It's not larger than {1}? I'm afraid you've lost me.

> There is no fixed number as cardinality.

If we take the view that the naturals are an indefinite totality,
continually in the process of coming into being, it certainly makes
sense to say that the totality of finite initial segments of naturals
has no cardinality. It makes no sense whatever to insist it's finite.

--
Aatu Koskensilta (aatu.koskensilta@uta.fi)

"Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darĂ¼ber muss man schweigen"