Date: Jan 24, 2013 11:11 AM
Author: Hauke Reddmann
Subject: Inverting a graphic

I have a decades old spectrum...on paper. Even scanning that
stuff and running it through all available filters to get out
the lining was a pain in the %&$ยง. Now comes the next problem:
Its intensity vs. nanometers, instead of wave numbers...and
for all decent applications you need an energy-proportional
scale.
Obviously, not even a super duper graphic editor has a "convert
x,y to x,1/y pic" button. (?!) One option would be measuring y on
all ~1000 x pixels, type a list and invert it with a program
(redisplaying the list is trivial). Takes only one day or so :-)

Do you have any ingenious idea? (Maybe some ASCII-readable
B/W pixel list format exists to which I could convert the BMP?)

--
Hauke Reddmann <:-EX8 fc3a501@uni-hamburg.de
Die Weltformel: IQ+dB=const.