Date: Jan 24, 2013 11:19 PM
Author: Brian Q. Hutchings
Subject: Re: Vitesse de la lumière: constante ou variable (L<br>	ettre ouverte à Etienne Klein)

thank you, for once again "neglecting practicalities"
of travelling in a single graphical 'dimension.'

"The paradigm of the special relativistic upheaval of the usual
concept of time is the twin paradox. Let us emphasize that this
striking example of time dilation proves that time travel (towards the
future) is possible. As a gedanken experiment (if we neglect
practicalities such as the technology needed for reaching velocities
comparable to the velocity of light, the cost of the fuel and the
capacity of the traveller to sustain high accelerations), it shows
that a sentient being can jump, "within a minute" (of his experienced
time) arbitrarily far in the future, say sixty million years ahead,
and see, and be part of, what (will) happen then on Earth. This is a
clear way of realizing that the future "already exists" (as we can
experience it "in a minute").