Date: Jan 25, 2013 12:57 AM
Author: David Bernier
Subject: Re: How to read stackexchange.math ?

On 01/24/2013 09:45 PM, Michael Press wrote:
> In article<>,
> Frederick Williams<> wrote:

>> David Bernier wrote:

>>> I heard that a survey of medical doctors showed anaesthesia as
>>> one of the top advances in medicine, according to
>>> the doctors ...

>> Recently in a UK survey, the safe disposal of human ordure and the
>> provision of potable water were voted the things most beneficial to
>> human health that had occurred in the last 200 years. (I may not have
>> recalled correctly the 200, but something like that.)

> I always thought so. That and a public health service with authority.

From an article in The Atlantic:

"In 2007, when the British Medical Journal asked subscribers to name the
most-significant medical developments since 1840, anesthesia was among
the top three, along with antibiotics and modern sanitation."

David Bernier

dracut:/# lvm vgcfgrestore
File descriptor 9 (/.console_lock) leaked on lvm invocation. Parent PID
993: sh
Please specify a *single* volume group to restore.