Date: Jan 25, 2013 1:52 PM
Author: Jesse F. Hughes
Subject: Re: ZFC and God

WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> writes:

>> Is t_i(i) also defined for every i in N?
>
> Yes, of course, with absolute certainty.

>> Assuming you will say yes, then I must ask:
>>
>> Is d(i) therefore defined for every i in N?

> Yes, of course, with absolute certainty.
>
> And nothing of that takes us out of the domain of all terminating
> decimals, because ;
>

>> > In ZF every n in N is finite.
>
> and with it every FISON.

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet.

You agree that, for every i in N, d(i) is defined.

I suppose you also agree that, for every i in N, d(i) != 0 and
d(i) != 9, right?

Okay, so d(i) is defined for every i in N, and d(i) is non-zero and
not nine.

Clearly, d is a non-terminating decimal.

Perhaps we should define what a terminating decimal is?

Let x be a real number in [0,1]. We say that x has a terminating
decimal representation iff there is an f:N -> {0,...,9} such
that

x = sum_i f(i) * 10^-i,

and

(En)(Am > n)(f(m) = 0) or (En)(Am > n)(f(m) = 9)

Do you agree with this definition or not?

--
Jesse F. Hughes
"Seems there's no way I can find