Date: Jan 25, 2013 5:07 PM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: ZFC and God

On 25 Jan., 19:58, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <23c75ce4-2ede-43e1-87d2-a61866fe1...@w3g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > On 25 Jan., 01:23, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <1bff3260-2afe-4cb5-b296-cbfcd9313...@x3g2000yqo.googlegroups.com>,

> > > If there can be "every n", then there can be set containing "every n".
>
> > There can be the set of all terminating decimal fractions (0. d_1,
> > d_2, ..., d_n), containing every n as the last digit, is a set without
> > non-terminating decimal fraction, isn't it?

> How would the existence of such a set prevent the existence of a set of
> all decimals between 0 and 1?

That is not our question and not our problem. We work within the
proposed restriction until we discover a digit (i.e., an index of a
digit) that is not in an element of the set of all terminating decimal
representations of all real numbers of the unit interval and forces us
to extend the domain.

Regards, WM