Date: Jan 25, 2013 7:20 PM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: ZFC and God

In article
<5a23c21e-0417-4816-9895-85acaa1907be@w8g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 25 Jan., 20:18, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <b443b0b0-2e03-4179-ab2f-dec89805d...@u16g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > In an ordered set like the sequence of squares above, we have for
> > > every subset a first element. If you claim to know a square that is
> > > not a square, then there must be a first square that is not a square.

> > If n is the number of digits in the first entry to your list, then you
> > have no more than n such squares as that first entry will be too short
> > for any more.

> If there follows an entry with more digits, the preceding entries can
> be extended by zeors without leaving the domain of terminating
> decimals.

Irrelevant. Once WM's list is fixed with each line finite, changing
anything creates a different list, from which point, the same argument
proves that this new list too has a non-square in it, as will each
further extention to a new list.

And each could equally validly each be extended by an infinite sequence
of zeroes, at least outside of Wolkenmuekenheim, in which case WM's
"squares" entirely disappear.