Date: Jan 26, 2013 11:08 AM
Author: David Bernier
Subject: Re: use fruit flies to get a number data Re: inbreeding as a species-accelerant<br> ; NOVA "Decoding Neanderthal" #199 Rockthrowing theory book

On 01/25/2013 05:08 PM, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2:37 am, David Bernier<david...@videotron.ca> wrote:
>> On 01/25/2013 01:39 AM, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
>>

>>> Basically I am just simply asking for what mathematical advantage for
>>> mutations arises for inbreeding. I do not know if any biologist has
>>> researched this question. The question of how much faster or how much
>>> more mutations accrue when a population of a species has inbreeding.
>>> Such as when 1 male and 1 female are stranded on a island and up to
>>> those 2 individuals to keep their kind growing. So there is much
>>> inbreeding. And not outside mating. So that all generations on the
>>> island trace their ancestors back to those starting 2.

>>> Compare that population with an equal sized population that has no
>>> inbreeding.

>>> I would hazard to guess that the mutations of the inbreeding
>>> population would be far ahead of the non inbreeding population.

>>> And I think this is how so many islands that are isolated from their
>>> mainland have so many different species that the mainland does not
>>> have, is because of what I call the species accelerant of inbreeding.

>>> So that Neanderthal was two Africans that migrated north out of Africa
>>> some 400,000 years ago and because of inbreeding ended up as different
>>> species of the Africans who migrated enmasse some 60,000 years ago.

>>> So that the Clovis man who migrated to the Americas, either out of
>>> Asia or Europe some 15,000 years ago, if Clovis man had been a single
>>> 1 male and 1 female and populated the Americas, that by the time of
>>> Columbus would have found, not the same species of Homo sapiens, but
>>> perhaps a different species. So here we have a sort of scientific
>>> prediction or question, of how many Clovis people migrated to the
>>> Americas some 15,000 years ago so that their genetic stock was
>>> sufficient to not mutate too much so that by the time Columbus
>>> arrived, they would still be the same Homo sapiens species.

>>> So we need some biology research into what sort of mutation rate is
>>> increased in populations with inbreeding versus populations of
>>> noninbreeding.

>>> And in sociology we can recognize the problem of the American Indians
>>> in that they needed tribal interactions with other diverse tribes
>>> because of inbreeding.

>>> Usually inbreeding brings out deleterious mutations, and rarely does
>>> it bring out advantageous mutations.

>>> Now I would be deeply surprised if no biologist has done research on
>>> this before, of extracting a number for mutation rate in a
>>> noninbreeding population and a mutation rate in a inbreeding
>>> population.

>>> So if we had such a numbers figure for this mutation accelerant and
>>> applied that numbers to Clovis Man, we may be able to roughly estimate
>>> how many individuals, male and female crossed over into the Americas.

>> [...]
>>
>> Some common genetic diorders are single-gene recessive,
>> meaning that one good allele and one bad allele
> [...]

[...]

I'm sorry I sent e-mail bombs to you when I was in Thailand.

You present the idea that higher mutation rates could be linked
to inbreeding. I think recessive gene characters show
what could be a drawback to inbreeding.

I'll defer to people in biology and paleontology on the fate
of Neanderthal man.

David Bernier
--
dracut:/# lvm vgcfgrestore
File descriptor 9 (/.console_lock) leaked on lvm invocation. Parent PID