Date: Jan 29, 2013 1:29 AM
Author: GS Chandy
Subject: Re: Rotten to the Core: War on Academic Standards

Further my post dt. Jan 29, 2013 8:50 AM (mostly snipped here):
> Domenico Rosa posted Jan 28, 2013 10:03 PM (GSC's
> remarks follow):

> > On Jan 25, 2013, Clyde Greeno @ MALEI wrote:
> >

> > > A strawman war!
<SNIP>
> How may we move to ensure that the many important
> issues thus brought to light (related to CCSS;
> Academic Standards; doorstoppers instead of useful
> aids to learning for students; public school
> education; education as a whole) - how to ensure that
> these issues would be actively resolved?
>
> If not today, then at least tomorrow or the day
> after?

<snip>
Tools that can help enable (in fact, ENSURE) the above desiderata to be satisfied are described in outline at the attachments to my message at http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=2419536 (message heading the thread "Democracy - how to achieve it?").

GSC