Date: Jan 29, 2013 4:38 PM
Author: uuurchin
Subject: what level of math proficiency predicts an undergrad's success in STEM?

From the original two-question survey about undergraduate mathematics readiness, by Mark Connolly (University of Wisconsin?Madison) and Anne-Barrie Hunter (University of Colorado Boulder):

"Roughly 60% of students who enter college with the goal of majoring in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) end up graduating in a non-STEM field. As part of a national five-year study of why undergraduates leave STEM majors, we are conducting a very short survey of STEM faculty and instructors.

"What we want to know is this: What level of math proficiency do STEM faculty consider a good indication that a student is likely to succeed in a STEM major?"

http://go.wisc.edu/adai0s