Date: Jan 29, 2013 5:58 PM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: Matheology � 203

In article
<4a622e7d-ac62-4208-b6ee-223d47b7039d@k4g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 29 Jan., 14:27, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I do not dispute this statement (as I erroneously had said yesterday,
> > > when being in a hurry). I dispute that this statement implies the
> > > statement:
> > > d is not in one of all lines of the infinite list L

> > It does, however, imply that d is not
> > of the the lines of the infinite list L.

> Here we have again the ambivalence required for set theory. No, your
> statement is incorrect if "infinite" is used in the sense of completed
> or actual, i.e., in the only sense that would allow for set theoretic
> cardinality.

Set theoretic cardinality is defined by existence or non-existence of
surjections from one set to another. And outside of WMYTHEOLOGY all
sets, even non-finite ones, are actual.

> > > and, hence, cannot
> > > be used to argue that cardinality is increased.
> > > (The reson is that "all" is maeningless here.)

> > > What about C1, C2, C3?
> >
> > I neither know nor care.-

> You should. In the case of all terminating decimals, for instance, C4
> is obviously wrong.

Since your C4 is clearly not one of C1,C2 or C3, why should it make any
of them relevant to anything except the idiocy of WMYTHEOLOGY ?