Date: Jan 30, 2013 7:51 PM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: ZFC and God

In article
<37465aea-4baf-4087-903d-92b0106c26f0@d11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 30 Jan., 09:47, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <4a768b6d-0d71-4e89-bf77-6b70d6e5e...@d11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > No.

> > > No. For instance 1/9 = 0.111... has no decimal expansion
> >
> > You just gave it one.
> >

> No. I know, it is very unfamiliar, but it is fact: "0.111..." is not a
> decimal expansion. For instance, because decimal expansions by
> definition have only one point. 0.111...

Finite and infinite decimals have only one decimal point, but the
ellipsis "..." is not a decimal point, but is a standard abbreviation
for either "and so on until" if followed by an end value or "and so on
without end" if not followed by an end value.

Just as {1,2,3,...,20} is a standard expression for
{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20}

And {1,2,3,...} is a well known and standard expression for the unique
set S which contains as members 1, 2 and 3 and also n+1 wherever it
contains n as a member, but no other elements, at least everywhere
except in WM's Wolkenmuekenheim.

It is curious that WM is so woefully ignorant of such standard
mathematics when he presumes to be able to teach it.