Date: Feb 3, 2013 11:20 PM
Author: Steven Lord
Subject: Re: Make the data tip ignore superimposed plot data

"Matt J " <mattjacREMOVE@THISieee.spam> wrote in message
news:kehb54$un$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com...
> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> <kegsnm$1hn$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

>> > Is there a way that I can make the data tip ignore the presence of the
>> > plot data?

>> Try setting the scatter plot's HitTest property to 'off'.
>>

> That's great. But for some reason it seems to work for scatter plot data
> but not for other kinds of superimposed objects like imellipses. Any idea
> why?

I haven't worked with IMELLIPSE very much before, but from a quick scan of
the documentation it looks like it's not a Handle Graphics object (and so
doesn't have the standard Handle Graphics properties like HitTest) and
doesn't provide its own way to tell data tips to ignore it.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com