Date: Feb 3, 2013 11:50 PM
Author: Ralf Bader
Subject: Re: Matheology � 203

Virgil wrote:

> In article
> <bc3c4c0e-d017-49b3-a4f3-22aba84aa3c7@5g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
> WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

>> > So now we have a way of saying
>> >
>> > s is not a line of L
>> >
>> > e.g. ?0.111... ?is not a line of
>> >
>> > 0.1000...
>> > 0.11000...
>> > 0.111000....
>> >
>> > because every line, l(n), ?has the property that
>> > l(n) does not ?contain every ?initial
>> > segment of 0.111...

>> But that does not exclude s from being in the list. What finite
>> initial segment (FIS) of 0.111... is missing? Up to every line there
>> is some FIS missing, but every FIS is with certainty in some trailing
>> line. And with FIS(n) all smaller FISs are present.

> But with no FIS are all present.
>>
>> > Is there a sensible way of saying
>> > s is a line of L ?

>> There is no sensible way of saying that 0.111... is more than every
>> FIS.

> How about "For all f, (f is a FIS) -> (length(0.111...) > length(f))" .
>
> It makes perfect sense to those not permanently encapsulated in
> WMytheology.

By the way, Mückenheim's crap is as idiotic from an intuitionistic point of
view as it is classically. Intuitionists do not have any problems
distinguishing the numbers 0,1...1 with finitely many digits and the
sequence formed by these numbers resp. the infinite decimal fraction
0,11....

--
Neueste Forschungsergebnisse aus deutschen Spitzenhochschulen. Heute von
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Mückenheim, Mathematikkoryphäe der FH Augsburg, aus