Date: Feb 4, 2013 3:21 AM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: Matheology § 203

On 3 Feb., 23:09, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > So now we have a way of saying
>
> > > s is not a line of L
>
> > > e.g.  0.111...  is not a line of
>
> > > 0.1000...
> > > 0.11000...
> > > 0.111000....

> > > because every line, l(n),  has the property that
> > > l(n) does not  contain every  initial
> > > segment of 0.111...

> > But that does not exclude s from being in the list.
>
> It certainly excludes 0.111... from being a single line
> of the list.
>
> So the question is now
>
> Can a potentially infinite list
> of potentially infinite 0/1
> sequences have the property that
>
> if s is a potentially infinite 0/1
> sequence, then there is a line, g, of L
> with the property that every
> initial segment of s is contained in g
> ?-

Of course, every FIS is in a line. And every FIS contains all
preceding FIS.
This list
0.1
0.11
0.111
contains every FIS of 0.111... as well in the (unchanged) diagonal as
in a line. Obviously the diagonal cannot have more 1' than every line.
(Of course you cannot expect to define 0.111... without a last element
1_omega but to find a last line g.)

Regards, WM