Date: Feb 4, 2013 3:28 AM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: Matheology § 203

On 4 Feb., 05:50, Ralf Bader <ba...@nefkom.net> wrote:

> By the way, Mückenheim's crap is as idiotic from an intuitionistic point of
> view as it is classically. Intuitionists do not have any problems
> distinguishing the numbers 0,1...1 with finitely many digits and the
> sequence formed by these numbers resp. the infinite decimal fraction
> 0,11....

I am not an intuitionist. And there is no reason why intuitionists
should be in possession of absolute truth. But Brouwer accepts only
infinite sequences that can be defined by a finite word. So do I.
"0.111..." is a finite word. Would he accept all infinite strings that
can be "defined" by an infinite sequence of bits, then he could not
avoid uncountability. But as is well known, he rejects uncountability.

A piece of advice: Lessen your blood pressure.

Regards, WM