Date: Feb 5, 2013 7:51 PM
Author: Kevin
Subject: Sonar and Degrees of Freedom

Sonar is a means of navigation that fish and other mammals use... How
does it work? Is it possible to think like a dolphin? Sonar is built
into the human physiology via tinitus... Tinitus is a distraction...
If there is tinitus in my right ear then my head wants to turn to the
right. If there is tinitus in my left ear then my head wants to turn
to the left. Sonar locates the source of the distraction in terms of
left and right, but not in terms of up and down. Dolphin sonar may
know up from down but not human sonar. Sonar has degrees of freedom in
terms of up and down... What would be smart would be to let the Navy
define entanglement for you in terms of sonar's entanglement with
radar.