Date: Feb 5, 2013 8:49 PM
Author: Azmat Hussain
Subject: Re: Too many teachers are quitting, experts warn

I am not too sure about the false allegations or for that matter being able to touch a student. The last training that I went to while teaching in middle school, I was encouraged to give a fist for fist or an "way to go tap on the shoulder". We all know what is inappropriate touching, and the importance of making contact with another human being. I am also not sure about the challenges of parents or the low pay. Teachers are trained to be able to handle all kinds of interpersonal situations. To me, if the statistics are true, it boils down to students making other choices that may attract qualified teachers. I am interested in sales, it is a similar field involved in training and development and maybe the rewards be it intrinsic or financial are higher.