Date: Feb 6, 2013 3:49 AM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: Matheology   203

On 6 Feb., 04:47, Ralf Bader <ba...@nefkom.net> wrote:
> According to Mückenheim, "There is no
> sensible way of saying that 0.111... is more than every
> FIS". Of the authorities you called upon, whom would you find capable of
> regardng this as a sensible assertion

Compare Matheology § 030: We can create in mathematics nothing but
finite sequences, and further, on the ground of the clearly conceived
"and so on", the order type omega, but only consisting of equal
elements {{i.e. numbers like 0,999...}}, so that we can never imagine
the arbitrary infinite binary fractions as finished {{Brouwers Thesis,
p. 143}}. [Dirk van Dalen: "Mystic, Geometer, and Intuitionist: The
Life of L.E.J. Brouwer", Oxford University Press (2002)]

Regards, WM