Date: Feb 8, 2013 1:21 PM
Author: jonathan
Subject: struik page 95 (developable surfaces)

hi all.

i am in architecture and am returning to the list after having completed a recreation of a classical mathematical model collection originally made by hand in plaster in the 1800's. i have had a couple of really helpful responses on this project and am wondering if this might be a good place to post another type of question. essentially my interest now is related to discrete differential geometry and discrete differential geometry with specific application to architecure.

can anyone help me out a bit with where may be a good place to get some help on what this illustration in Struik is trying to tell me? i think it has application to a project i am working upon but i am both having a hard time deciphering it and having a hard time finding a good place/person to help me with this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb5ojkatx708hdn/stuik%20pp%2094%20and%2095.png

advance apologies if the forum is not an appropriate place for this inquiry. also, please feel free to contact me off-list at uno@formpig.com

THANKS!

- jonathan