Date: Feb 9, 2013 8:09 PM
Author: Graham Cooper
Subject: Re: This is False. 0/0 {x | x ~e x} e {x | x ~e x} A single Principle<br> to Resolve Several Paradoxes

On Feb 10, 10:19 am, Charlie-Boo <shymath...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 7, 1:51 am, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:

> > I meant Bolzano here.
>
> > > The only objecting in my Set Theory proposal is perhaps objecting to
> > > the fact that ZF has a dozen messy axioms, a dozen competing
> > > axiomatizations, a dozen interpretations of the most popular
> > > Axiomatization, and (Wikipedia), The precise meanings of the terms
> > > associated with the separation axioms has varied over time.  The
> > > separation axioms have had a convoluted history, with many competing
> > > meanings for the same term, and many competing terms for the same
> > > concept.

> > > (DeMorgan is an example of why Logic and Set Theory are the same thing
> > > and should be combined - same as Math and Computer Science etc.)

> > How do you see Logic and Set Theory as being the same?
>
> Both are concerned with mappings to {true,false}.  A propositional
> calculus proposition is 0-place.  A set is 1-place.  A relation is any
> number of places.  (A relation is a set - of tuples.)
>
> So you have the same rules of inference: Double Negative, DeMorgan
> etc. apply to propositions and sets.
>
> To prove incompleteness, Godel had to generalize wffs as expressing
> propositions to expressing sets when the wff has a free variable.
>
> C-B

Yes but you change the rules of the game depending what you want to
prove.

Let:

LANGUAGE 1 LANGUAGE 2

seta(x) <-> x e seta

proof(x) <-> x e proof

proveby(x,y) <-> (x,y) e proveby

russell(x) <-> not( x e x)

-------------------

In ZFC you "UNSTRATIFY" Russel's set
but in all theories > PA you necessitate Godel's Statment!

Sheer blindness!

TOM: Jerry can't say this sentence is true!
JERRY: Tom can't say this sentence is true!

TOM AND JERRY ARE *INCOMPLETE* !!

must be unrelated to logic!

Herc
--