Date: Feb 12, 2013 3:22 AM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 11 Feb., 22:47, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You do not see a contradiction in concluding
> both
>
>    everything that is in some line
>    of the list is in one line of the list.
>
> and
>
>    there does not exist a natural number m
>    such that the potentially infinite sequence
>    d is equal to the potentially infinite
>    sequence given by the mth line.

Why do you distract the attention of the reader?
Of course I see a contradiction.
This contradiction has its origin in the assumption that a potentially
infinite sequence is something that could be complete enough to be in
a line or elsewhere.

Everybody can see it clearly here:

1
1, 2
1, 2, 3

This list has everything that is in the diagonal in a line too. But
nowhere we have a completed diagonal, not in a line and not in the
diagonal.

Regards, WM