Date: Feb 15, 2013 4:34 PM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 14 Feb., 23:15, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:

> > > That for every finite line d is longer than that line
>
> > You think that d in actually infinite.
>
> All I said was that it is longer than any finite line.

It *is* any finite line". Actual infinity requires the belief that any
finite line is more than any finite line. That's what I call
matheology.

> If you claim otherwise you are claiming it to be no longer than some
> finite line, which makes it also a finite line.

It is as long as you can find a natural number to name its lenght.

> And d must be longer than any n one chooses, or that one CAN choose, as
> otherwise it is finite.

d is what you can choose. It has lenght 1, lenght 2, and every n that
you can choose.

Regards, WM