Date: Feb 16, 2013 12:25 PM
Author: Louis Talman
Subject: Re: Largest Known Prime Number Discovered

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:47:15 -0700, Joe Niederberger
<niederberger@comcast.net> wrote:

> Lou Talman says:
>> The size of the device isn't the limiting factor. It's estimated that
>> there are roughly 10^82 particles in the universe, so finding enough
>> hydrogen atoms will be a problem...

> You are of course correct. After I estimated the size I immediately
> suspected what you say here, without even knowing an estimate for
> #hydrogen particles. So much for
> the hydrogen economy :-(
>
> The optimistic response, though, is OK, how many universes do we need?
> (I hear there's PLENTY to go around.)

Yeah, but are you gonna use the H atoms you find in them, or are you gonna
use the universes themselves?

May make a difference in your size estimate... :D

- --
- --Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>