Date: Feb 17, 2013 4:08 AM
Author: Murray Eisenberg
Subject: Re: Stephen Wolfram's recent blog

To the contrary, I find the new (by default) auto-completion a
significant improvement over having to use Ctrl+K. E.g., say I want to
type ChiDistribution. I type 'Chi' and get the drop-down list of 3
possible completions. Only one of these 3 has 'D' as the next letter. So
I just type 'D' and press Return. Mathematica completes the rest.

That's a fairly short example. I've found that I can type long
expressions, with many names in them (`System or `Global) much faster
now.

This helps makes up for Mathematica's verbose descriptive language, in
contrast with languages where names are short but often cryptic.

On Feb 16, 2013, at 1:10 AM, "djmpark" <djmpark@comcast.net> wrote:

> ...All the doo-dads are to me a nuisance. The one thing I liked was
the Ctrl+K
> (which I could type faster than you can say Jack Rabbit) command
completion.
> But now Ctrl+K is gone and what replaces it is ill-conceived and
horrible.

---
Murray Eisenberg murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305