Date: Feb 18, 2013 12:10 PM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 18 Feb., 14:11, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 18, 1:38 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
>

> > On 18 Feb., 11:53, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Is there a potentially infinite sequence,
> > > x, such that the nth FIS of x consists of
> > > n 1's

> > Yes, of course
>
> Let y be a potentially infinite process

There are no processes with respect to numbers and lists. They are
existing or are not existing.
Potential infinity with respect to natural numbers means: You can
consider every natural number you like. There is no upper threshold.
So name any set of natural numbers - except usingnaive and
couterfactual "all" of some kind like "all prime numbers" or all "even
numbers".

> > > Please start your answer yes or no and
> > > note that we are talking about x, not d.

> > Please answer as politely: Is there any n with no line containing
> > d_1, ..., d_n

> No.

Now realize what potential infinity means: There are no processes in
above list. We simply write some lines and stop at some point. There
is no further information contained in the list. By using "..." we
simply express the idea that the point where we stop is not limited by
any natural number m.

Regards, WM