Date: Feb 20, 2013 6:37 AM
Subject: Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 20 Feb., 11:30, William Hughes <> wrote:

> > > No.
> > Please answer without using phrases like "all" or "totality" or
> > "complete collection" or "whole class" or "finished infinite" or "the
> > set": Can you name a union of FISs of the diagonal that is missing in
> > every line of the list?

> No  (The union of *every* FIS does not mean
> anything)

The union of every FIS means that for every n FIS(1) to FIS(n) are
united. Of course this union does not differ from FIS(n).
> A  statement you can make is that there
> is no line of the list with the property
> that it is coFIS to d.
> (you do not need every line or every FIS to "actually
> exist" to make this statement)

You need all FISs of d to make this statement. Again you drift astray
with actual infinity.

Correct is: For every FIS of d there is an identical line.
Look, you cannot, within this framework, that you agreed to, prove
anything for "all" FIS of d. You can only look for FIS 1 to FIS n.
Nothing further is possible.
> Clearly any FIS that "actually exists"
> is a line of the list.

Therefore we have identity with a line although we cannot name the
last line or last FIS of d. That's infinity.
> Let z be a potentially infinite sequence such that
> for some natural number m, the mth FIS of
> z contains a zero.
> Are z and x coFIS?

(x was the sequence

Regards, WM