Date: Feb 23, 2013 10:21 AM
Author: dpb
Subject: Re: hide only top x axis!

On 2/22/2013 10:44 PM, giga wrote:
> I want to hide only top x axis.
> If I use :
>
> set(gca, 'box', 'off')
>
> then right y axis will be removed. but I want to keep right y axis.

Don't think there is a way w/ ordinary properties--there isn't the
distinction to separate top/bottom ticks individually; they're lumped
together.

Best I can think of would be to draw ticks manually, unfortunately.
Since plot(), axes() and friends are builtin, you don't have the luxury
of going in and finding where they're drawn and munging on the supplied
behavior...

Don't have any clue if there's anything in the File Exchange or the
undocumented Matlab site that helps but you probably ought to search
there if this is significant to you.