Date: Feb 25, 2013 1:10 PM
Author: James Elander
Subject: Re: Please help me with the following question

Depends on how you define winners, could be 5 races and top three times
Yes to the assumption stated.
On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Richard Strausz
<Richard.Strausz@farmington.k12.mi.us> wrote:
>> There are 25 bicyclists and just 5 bicycles. Of all
>> these we need to find best 3 cyclists. How many races
>> should be held to determine top three winners and
>> why?
>> http://www.basiccalculator.org

> Do we assume that all the bicycles are equivalent?

- --
Jim

Jim has 5 new CDs on the market.
CD1:TGIF MATH (A 100+ activities to make a hectic math
period on days like prior to homecoming into an rewarding
learning day.)
CD2: EVERYDAY DECISION MAKING VIA GEOMETRY
ESSENTIALS (A Logical development of the essentials
of PL. & Solid Geometry and applying it to decision
making.)
CD3: EVERYDAY DECISION MAKING VIA MATHEMATICAL
BRIDGES FOR A BETTER FUTURE (Liberal Art
"bridges" emphasizing critical thinking.)
CD4: EVERYDAY DECISION MAKING FOR A BETTER
CAREER (Mathematical topics needed for skills and for
better decisions)
CD5: BASIC HIGH SCHOOL MATH REVIEW (Review for SAT,
ACT or other tests with Dec ision Making skills)
For more info:
http://sites.google.com/site/mathfordecisionmaking/