Date: Feb 28, 2013 10:31 PM
Author: David DeLaney
Subject: Re: Problems with Infinity?

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz <spamtrap@library.lspace.org.invalid> wrote:
> at 01:55 AM, dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com (David DeLaney) said:
>>And then there's thiotimoline.
>
>Well, other than the squirrelly explanation that there are four bonds
>at right angles to each other, Asimov's chronology is consistent; ge
>resolves paradoxes with what I call the space-time view. You can send
>information into the past, but only if that information was received
>in the past; you can't cause a change.

But with the Paradox Is Watching You refinement from the Mage RPG; if you
TRY to cause a change, Things Happen to prevent you from doing so, some
apparently out of sheer coincidence, with no apparent upper peril limit
on the class of Thing. If I'm remembering one of the thiotimoline stories
correctly, anyway.

Dave