Date: Mar 1, 2013 1:47 PM
Author: Morse, Dana
Subject: Re: TI-Nspire App for Ipad

The App is more of a reaction to technology trends. Many schools across the country are looking for an IPad solution. This is more for them than for us here in NYS as we know we must have the calculators for exams.

The price is something that the Dallas folks and our friends in Apple came to an agreement on.

As far as volume discounts, I should hear more this week at the T3 International conference in Philadelphia. As of now I do not know of one.

Even I have to pay the full price to download the app and I work for the company. Once it goes to Apple, we are on their playing field.

Mr. Dana F. Morse
New York State
Partnership Development Consultant
Texas Instruments Incorporated

Cell: (315) 730-9858

For Technical Support:1-800-TI-CARES

For Support for Navigator Systems: 1-866-TI-NAVIGATOR

On Mar 1, 2013, at 1:39 PM, "TKENYON@crcs.wnyric.org<mailto:TKENYON@crcs.wnyric.org>" <TKENYON@crcs.wnyric.org<mailto:TKENYON@crcs.wnyric.org>> wrote:

If that's how TI set the price for this - that it would be a replacement for owning a graphing calculator, the logic seems flawed, since schools are required to purchase the graphing calculators in New York, rather than require that students purchase them. Thus, the app isn't really a replacement in that regard.

Anyway, question:
There was a webinar this past Tuesday. In the Q&A, the presenters suggested that there may be volume discounts on the app in the future. Do you have any information on when and if there will be a volume discount? We have 3 teachers who will be evaluating the app on their ipads. But, at $30, times a lot of students, that takes up a huge chunk of budgets for ipad apps, since the vast majority of apps are $5 or less.

-Tom Kenyon
CRCS Mathematics/Physics
tkenyon@crcs.wnyric.org<mailto:tkenyon@crcs.wnyric.org>