Date: Mar 1, 2013 4:55 PM
Author: David DeLaney
Subject: Re: Problems with Infinity?

Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz <spamtrap@library.lspace.org.invalid> wrote:
> at 11:05 PM, dbd@gatekeeper.vic.com (David DeLaney) said:
>>But with the Paradox Is Watching You refinement from the Mage RPG;
>>if you TRY to cause a change, Things Happen to prevent you from
>>doing so, some apparently out of sheer coincidence, with no
>>apparent upper peril limit on the class of Thing. If I'm
>>remembering one of the thiotimoline stories correctly, anyway.

>Why do you consider that to be a paradox. What it boils down to is the
>consistency of space-time. You'd need radically different physics to
>have any other behavior.

The P on Paradox is capitalized; in the Mage game it's an actual force, that
comes over and enforces the consistency of space-time, sometimes with
aggravated damage, other times by having the offending mage (time traveler,
etc.) suddenly vanish into a pocket dimension until he realizes what he's
done wrong and atones for it, etc. Where, presumably, the Things would not
have Happened had the time-meddler / willworker / etc. not tried to cause a
change in the first place, because then it would already have been consistent.

Dave