Date: Mar 1, 2013 10:33 PM
Author: Graham Cooper
Subject: Re: To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia.

On Mar 2, 12:13 pm, Jeff-Relf.Me <@.> wrote:
>   No, Archimedes?Plutonium, I don't work for Google or anything like that. Few of my own posts get indexed by Google Groups; to get indexed, a post must have "quality" replies. To make a lasting/meaninful contribution, edit Wikipedia; Google Groups is uncensored, it's too wild to index fully. Were G.G. fully indexed, people would use it to game the system, to boost the rank of certain web sites.

wot rot!

GOOGLE CALCULATES PAGE RANK TOO

and could give PR0 to any spam looking posts just as easily as cull
them.

Google Groups search can't find hardly any of my posts, or anybody's
posts in the last year.

Groups Search is broken that's all.

When it's fixed all the posts should show again.

I used to be able to track any post I could vaguely remember with
Advanced Groups Search, it was like an enhanced memory for nearly a
decade. Now it's more like Altheimers..

I'll be leaving Usenet when the New Google Groups replaces the old.
Unless another web browser can provide such a simple service as
displaying a Usenet Group. For some reason NNTP and HTTP are mutually
exclusive. Old Google Groups was 90% functional and they totally
botched it! New groups is worse than cripple ware newsreader
program! So when old Google Groups is gone, so will I be!

Herc