Date: Mar 2, 2013 5:10 PM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots

On 2 Mrz., 19:24, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 2, 6:27 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
>
> We both agree that there is a natural number
> valued function of time, m(t), such that
> at any time t, m(t) is the index of an existing
> line which contains all existing FIS of d.
> We each believe that our m(t) is not constant.
>
> We also agree that there does not exist
> (in the sense of not able to find) a
> natural number n such that the
> nth line of L is coFIS with the
> diagonal.
>
> I find your characterization of this
> situation as "there is a natural
> number m such that the mth line
> of L is coFIS with the diagonal"

since there do not exist more than m FIS of the diagonal.

> to be silly.

Because you do not yet fully understand potential infinity: There do
not exist more than m FIS of the diagonal.

Question: Do you find your characterization of the situation in
finished infinity not silly? Don't you see a mathematical
contradiction of the sentence: There are all FIS of d in the list but
not in one single line?

Regards, WM