Date: Mar 2, 2013 6:01 PM
Author: Graham Cooper
Subject: Re: |R| > oo

On Mar 3, 7:35 am, "Ross A. Finlayson" <ross.finlay...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Mar 2, 12:30 pm, Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > This post is incoherent dribble.
>
> > I showed a partial infinite list of reals.
>
> > 0.00..
> > 0;00..
> > ..

> > Do you have an ANTI-DIAGONAL function to support your claims it is
> > incomplete?

> > What is your anti-diagonal function?
>
> > Herc
>
> How would you establish that the expansions you begin to detail would
> map on to any segment of R?
>
> Well, that gets into whether the function, that makes a list these
> expansions, has as a range, an interval of reals.
>
> So, look at the equivalency function, as I call it, it's quite well-
> defined, it goes to one, and in binary there's only one anti-diagonal,
> and it's one.
>
> I'll agree that a more carefully defined function, that would have as
> each initial segment of each initial segment, of a matrix of values of
> the expansions, zeroes, with the only anti-diagonal in binary being
> ones, with real value one, may go from zero, to one.
>
> And:  only one does.
>
> Then, for a conscientious mathematician, formalist year-round, that's
> compelling.
>
> There are lots who would work in foundations, but transfinite
> cardinals aren't used in real analysis, or continuum analysis for
> applications and physics.  And, physics needs new methods to explain
> results of experiment.  And, results in the digital are available via
> asymptotics.  Good day.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ross Finlayson

So your argument is:

Given this sample of a list oo rows long IN BINARY

0.00..
0.00..
..

We know 0.11..
is missing from the List by Extrapolation over all digit positions.

Given this sample of a list oo rows long IN TERNARY

0.00..
0.00..
..

We know
0.11..
0.12..
0.21..
0.22..

are missing from the List by Extrapolation.

Given this sample of a list oo rows long IN BASE 4

0.00..
0.00..
..

We know
0.11..
0.12..
0.13..
0.21..
0.22..
0.23..
0.31..
0.32..
0.33...

are missing from the List by Extrapolation.

Since all above arguments must hold, the latter more absurd ones are
enough to throw doubt on Cantors Method - which is actually just
induction over ALL sizes of FINITE lists, since no_new_digit_string is
calculated in the Anti-Diagonal on some infinite lists of reals.

Herc
--
www.BLoCKPROLOG.com