Date: Mar 4, 2013 9:01 AM
Author: Morse, Dana
Subject: Re: TI-Nspire App for Ipad is here!

The TI-Nspire App for IPad was not created with the intent for use on high stakes exams as currently AP, SAT, ACT, and NYS Department of education do not permit iPads for assessments.

There isn't a Press-to-Test feature at this time.

So the app could be used in class to enhance and enrich lessons, but here in NYS the graphing calculators will still be required for assessments.

Mr. Dana F. Morse
New York State
Partnership Development Consultant
Texas Instruments Incorporated

Cell: (315) 730-9858

For Technical Support:1-800-TI-CARES

For Support for Navigator Systems: 1-866-TI-NAVIGATOR

On Mar 4, 2013, at 8:48 AM, "Westendorf, Neal" <nwestendorf@taconichills.k12.ny.us<mailto:nwestendorf@taconichills.k12.ny.us>> wrote:

Does the app have the ability to lock out the connectivity and memory functions of the iPad with a Press to Test style application? Will the app be allowed on exams or will we still need to have individual units available for them?

Neal
Taconic Hills HS

To answer the question about the TI-84 Plus having an App of the IPad or being able to change the Nspire to an 84 like you can on the handheld, the answer is:
No.

Mr. Dana F. Morse
New York State
Partnership Development Consultant
Texas Instruments Incorporated

Cell: (315) 730-9858

For Technical Support:1-800-TI-CARES

For Support for Navigator Systems: 1-866-TI-NAVIGATOR

On Mar 3, 2013, at 5:53 PM, "Arlane Frederick" <ahfrederick@roadrunner.com<mailto:ahfrederick@roadrunner.com>> wrote:
Dana-

Does this app have the 84 option?

Arlane

On Mar 1, 2013, at 9:41 AM, Morse, Dana wrote:

Hello to everyone on the forum/listserve,

I wanted to share the great news with you all. Texas Instruments has released the TI-Nspire App for iPad.

Here is a video showing the App in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1vH8U1U0a4&feature=youtu.be

It does come in two options, either in TI-Nspire or TI-Nspire CAS. Here are the links to the download for the App(s).
TI-Nspire App for iPad<http://education.ti.com/nspire/itunes>
TI-Nspire CAS App for iPad<http://education.ti.com/nspirecas/itunes>

Cost is $29.99.

Let me know if you have any questions as I am here to help!

These are exciting times that we are teaching and still learning in!

Mr. Dana F. Morse
New York State
Partnership Development Consultant
Texas Instruments Incorporated
Cell: (315) 730-9858

For Technical Support: 1-800-TI-CARES
For Support for Navigator Systems: 1-866-TI-NAVIGATOR

Your Passion. Our Technology. Student Success. ?