Date: Mar 5, 2013 11:14 PM
Author: johnykeets
Subject: Re: Please help me with the following question

The Answer for this puzzle is 7 Races.  It can be solved in the following manner as
Race 1:cyclists 1-5
Race 2:cyclists 6-10
Race 3:cyclists 11-15
Race 4:cyclists 16-20
Race 5:cyclists 21-25
Race 6:winners of Races 1-5
and finally
Race 7:2nd and 3rd cyclists from the category of winner of Race 6, 1st and 2nd cyclists from the category of runners-up of Race 6, 3rd of Race 6,
Other wise, we may also try this
If we have two best players in one team we get win...ners in 7 races. After sixth race we get topper who initially belonged to say race 1, and then rest 4 competes with the second position holder of the race 1. so we get top three. Please let me know about the more easy methods in solving this problem.