Date: Mar 5, 2013 11:11 PM
Author: Louis Talman
Subject: Re: Would this be your daughter?

 From you? Or from someone with real clout over an 18-year-old?

In the latter case, it isn't you who's doing, or not doing, the allowing,
is it?

In the former case, well, you're entitled to spend your money as you see
fit---but denying the money doesn't mean you aren't "allowing"; it means
you aren't *financing*. The two are quite different things.

Sounds to me like it isn't just your 18-year-old son who needs to grow up.

--
--Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>