Date: Mar 10, 2013 4:58 PM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<742947f6-0f44-45ca-9235-eec44b57f0e8@r9g2000vbh.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 10 Mrz., 18:24, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > (d) is *not* an actual infinite sequence but only a description in
> > > letters.

> > > Of course. The number m = max is not findable or fixable.
> >
> > So do you agree with the statement.
> >
> > If G is a set of lines of L with a findable
> > last element, then there is no line s of
> > G such that s is coFIS to (d)

> Yes. How often will you ask?
> (d) is a prescription to find or to construct FIS d_1, ..., d_n.
>
> Would you expect that
> "write 0. and then add the digit 1 with no end" is coFIS with a line
> of
> 0.1
> 0.11
> 0.111
>
> The *result* of this prescription is coFIS with a line of the above
> list. Alas both are not findable. All we know is that for every line
> there is an identical result of the prescription.

"It ain't what you don't know that hurts you most, its what you know for
sure that jest ain't so." Mark Twain.

And WM is hurtng!

> Regards, WM

WM has claimed that a mapping from the set of all infinite binary
sequences to the set of paths of a CIBT is a linear mapping.
In order to show that such a mapping is a linear mapping, WM must first
show that the set of all binary sequences is a vector space and that the
set of paths of a CIBT is also a vector space, which he has not done and
apparently cannot do, and then show that his mapping satisfies
f(ax + by) = af(x) + bf(y), where a and b are arbitrary members of the
field of scalars and x and y are binary sequences and f(x) and f(y) are
paths in a CIBT.

By the way, WM, what are ax and by and ax+by when x and y are binary
sequences?

If a = 1/3 and x is binary sequence, what is ax ?
and if f(x) is a path in a CIBT, what is af(x)?

Until these and a few other issues are settled, WM will still have
failed to justify his claim of a LINEAR mapping from the set (but not
yet proved to be vector space) of binary sequences to the set (but not
yet proved to be vector space) of paths ln a CIBT.