Date: Mar 11, 2013 10:44 AM
Author: dpb
Subject: Re: Reading text file in a gui in matlab

On 3/10/2013 12:36 AM, Harith M wrote:
> Hi friends,
> i need a help.i need to read an assembly program wriiten in a text
> file(notepad) into matlab as a whole.i tried fgets n fgetl.but only 1
> line is shown in static or edit text at a time.how can i display the
> whole text at a time?
>
> also can i show line by line by incorporatinf looping function?means can
> i know the sequencing of instructions even if there is a loop function?

You'll have to first be sure the file is saved as plain text w/o any
markup from Notepad...assuming to be true

fid=fopen('yourfile.txt','rt');
while ~feof(fid)
l=fgetl(fid)
disp(l)
end
fid=fclose(fid);

will echo the file to the screen--salt to suit your purposes.

I've not used any of the Matlab gui components but undoubtedly there's a
multi-line textbox of some sort available.