Date: Mar 13, 2013 9:39 AM
Author: Steven Lord
Subject: Re: bsxfun do not subtract from same element and 1st column

"Mira " <psxgk@nottingham.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:kho433$fvi$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com...
> hi guys,
>
> I have a D excel file (98 rows and 2 columns) and M file(17 rows and 2
> col). I need to find difference between 1st row and all rest, 2nd row and
> all rest ..excluding those rows of which 1st column has same values as in
> 2nd M file 1st column.

This description of what you're trying to do isn't very clear to me. Can you
show a specific example with an 8-by-2 D and a 5-by-2 M? Let's say:

D = [1 2; 2 3; 3 4; 4 5; 2 6; 3 7; 5 8; 17 1]
M = [1 8; 2 9; 5 13; 9 21; 3 2]

What do you expect the result to be for those two matrices, and how did you
arrive at that result? Walk us through the process you'd use to solve that
by hand and we might be able to tell you how to automate that.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com