Date: Mar 13, 2013 11:02 AM
Author: Joe Niederberger
Subject: Re: Please help me with the following question

Getting back to the original problem...

Johnykeets says:
>and finally Race 7:2nd and 3rd cyclists from the category of winner of Race 6, 1st and 2nd cyclists from the category of runners-up of Race 6, 3rd of Race 6,
Other wise, we may also try this If we have two best players in one team we get win...ners in 7 races. After sixth race we get topper who initially belonged to say race 1, and then rest 4 competes with the second position holder of the race 1. so we get top three. Please let me know about the more easy methods in solving this problem.

I too think you can do it with 7 races also but I cannot follow your description of the setup for race 7.

Anyone care to prove that it cannot be done in 6?

Cheers
Joe N