Date: Mar 18, 2013 6:31 PM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: Matheology � 224

In article
<9bc1333f-7b7b-4d39-ba1e-e83c90d24dcd@g8g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
William Hughes <wpihughes@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 18, 12:47 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > Oh, so there can be a set of lines that contains an unfindable
> > > line but not two findable lines ?!?

> > When you remove every line as soon as you have found it, then no
> > findable line remains. Isn't that obvious?

> So you take a set of lines that contains an unfindable line
> remove all the findable lines and end up with a set
> that contains an unfindable line, but no findable line ?!?

Showing how one canfind an unfindable line?

Only on Wolkenmuekenheim.

WM claimed:
> The isomorphism is from |R,+,* to |R,+,*. Only in one case the
> elements of |R are written as binary sequences and the other time as
> paths of the Binary Tree. Virgil is simply too stupid to understand
> that.everal flaws in WM's claim that the identity map on induces a linear map on 2^|N.

WM's flaws in making that claim work include, but are not necessarily
limited to:

(1) not all members of |R will have any such binary expansions, only
those between 0 and 1, so that not all sums of vectors will "add up" to
be vectors within his alleged linear space, and

(2) some reals (the positive binary rationals strictly between 0 and 1)
will have two distinct and unequal-as-vectors representations, requiring
that some real numbers not be equal to themselves as a vectors, and

(3) WM's method does not provide for the negatives of any of the vectors
that he can form.

On the basis of the above problems, and possibly others as well that I
have not yet even thought of, I challenge WM's claim to have represented
the set |R as the set of all binary sequences, much less to have imbued
that set of all binary sequences with the structure of a real vector
space or the showed the identity mapping to be a linear mapping on his
set of "vectors".