Date: Mar 20, 2013 8:17 PM
Author: fom
Subject: Re: Matheology § 224

On 3/20/2013 4:23 PM, WM wrote:
>> In article
>> <f9fdc960-d9af-4efe-9e88-4ad45e2e8...@bs5g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
>>
>> WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

Reference involving the definite article "the" is called
"definite description". It is well established that WM
understands neither the coarser points nor the finer
points of its use.

The Germanic languages have several definite articles.
I wonder if he has as many problems with genders as he
does with presuppositions.

>>> Can a well-defined list have more than one last line?
>>
>> It can have less than one last line!

> Then *the* last line is missing, not *a* last line as one of many.

For WM:

Can you see the difference?

definite vs indefinite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_descriptions#Definite_descriptions