Date: Mar 21, 2013 5:00 AM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: Matheology � 224

In article
<19f7b5e7-7f9d-4cf6-aa7d-4b558a7d126d@h11g2000vbf.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > Because you have to choose lines, and the lines
> > you choose must be unnecessary lines.

> It is necessary that I choose unnecessary lines?
> Would it not be preferable to apply mathematics?

But we have massive amounts of evidence that WM cannot do that, so in
WM's case he must choose lines which, while they are not all necessary,
are collectively sufficient.

This can be accomplished by choosing
1. any line as a first line, AND
2. For each line, also some longer line.

Any set of lines which has a first (shortest) line and for each line a
next longer line, will work.

WM claims to know how to map bijectively the set of infinite binary
sequences, B, linearly to the set of reals and then map that image set
of reals linearly ONTO the set of all paths, P, of a Complete Infinite
Binary Tree.

But each binary rational in |R is necessarily the image of two sequences
in B but that one rational can then only produce one image in P, so the
mapping cannot be the bijection WM claims.

SO that WM is, as usual with things mathematical, wrong.