Date: Mar 21, 2013 9:29 AM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: Matheology § 224

On 21 Mrz., 14:02, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > But you think that after all finite and unnecessary lines another one
> > is lurking like a dragon?

> Now I think that after any finite set of unnecessary lines has
> been removed, there still remains an unnecessary line.-

I know. That's what I wished to prove. In order to believe in the
existence of actually infinite sets, it is necessary to have another
element after all ordinary elements have been removed. The set is more
than its elements, namely at least one element more. The actually
infinite set of finite natural numbers remains after all finite
numbers have been removed, since it contains an infinite number. But
that is unmathematical.

Regards, WM