Date: Mar 22, 2013 2:51 AM
Author: fom
Subject: Re: Matheology § 224

On 3/22/2013 1:38 AM, WM wrote:
> On 21 Mrz., 16:46, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I know. That's what I wished to prove. In order to believe in the
>>> existence of actually infinite sets, it is necessary to have another
>>> element after all ordinary elements have been removed.

>> Nope. I only talk about removing finite sets of ordinary
>> elements. I do not talk about removing all ordinary elements.

> Do you know that set theory is timeless? Induction holds for all
> natural numbers (not for the set though - but that is out of
> interest). This proves that we can remove all finite lines from the
> list without changing the contents of the remaining list. And this is
> remarkable, isn't it?

What is remarkable is that you actually
believe that anything in your response
comes close to making sense.

So, your implicit assumption of completed
infinity is the notion of "timelessness"
which is "full".

So you should now explain to your readers
what you mean by a "full timelessness" and
how you know that transfinite arithmetic is
inconsistent with a "fullness" defined
by your "empty" lists.