Date: Mar 22, 2013 4:33 PM
Author: William Hughes
Subject: Re: Matheology § 224

On Mar 22, 7:21 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
<snip>

> Line l_n and all its predecessors do not in any way influenturece (neither
> decrease nor increase) the union of all lines, namely |N.

Yes, given any set of lines K, every element of K has
the property that it can be removed without changing
the union of all lines. Yes, the set of lines that
has this property is the complete set K.

This is the result of your proof.

No, this does not mean that one can do something
that does not leave any of the lines of K
and does not change the union of all lines.

You have not proved,
and cannot prove the contrary.
You can only state that it is obvious.

I know you do not like this result (it cannot
be true for finite sets) but it is something
you do not like, not a contradiction.