Date: Mar 24, 2013 5:32 AM
Author: mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
Subject: Re: Matheology § 224

On 24 Mrz., 03:01, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:

> So the union of any non-empty but finite set of of FISONs is always a
> FISON, but the union of any infinite set of FISONs is always |N, which
> is not a FISON.

And that is the foolish belief of matheologians, who are incapable of
distinguishing the potentially infinite sequence of natural numbers
from a completed actually infinite set |N that is more than every
FISON. There is not the least reason to believe it (and there are many
proofs of the contrary) but since once upon a time this confusion has
occured, meanwhile there are thousands of believers. Probably it lies
in the nature of humans to have at least some irrational items for
their wish to believe.

> At least everywhere outside Wolkenmuekenheim.

Fortunately matheology has not yet conquered every domain out of my
lecture hall, but I must confess, in contemporary mathematics the
majority believes in matheology.

Regards, WM