Date: Mar 24, 2013 3:47 PM
Author: Virgil
Subject: Re: Matheology � 224

In article
<7df63a01-a66f-4880-a0f8-80cd9c8cb18f@m12g2000yqp.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > So the union of any non-empty but finite set of of FISONs is always a
> > FISON, but the union of any infinite set of FISONs is always |N, which
> > is not a FISON.

> And that is the foolish belief of matheologians, who are incapable of
> distinguishing the potentially infinite sequence of natural numbers
> from a completed actually infinite set |N that is more than every
> FISON.

Potential infiniteness has no reality outside of odd backwaters like
Wolkenmuekenheim, and so has no place outside those backwaters.

> There is not the least reason to believe it (and there are many
> proofs of the contrary)

There is not the least reason to believe a merely potential infiniteness
that is not an actual finiteness.

> Fortunately matheology has not yet conquered every domain out of my
> lecture hall, but I must confess, in contemporary mathematics the
> majority believes in matheology.

That WM is allowed to preach his false gospel in a state school is
shameful.